Friday, April 24, 2020

Lest we forget

On that day, my cousin Sani and me including Angeline were looking at my house
but then I found a big picture. It was outside and I wanted to grab it and so
I grabbed it then I found a nail and nailed it to the wall. When I hung it up,
I hung it on the wrong side!  I forgot that there was not enough space. 
Angeline and I couldn't hold it but Sani said, “I will try my best”, so we
put it into the van and told mum what had happened. After, dad took us
to the picture shop to return our picture we found before. When we got inside,
we were looking at the pretty picture. My eyes went really big because
I found a picture I really wanted. I asked Dad and he looked at the price
of the photo and it was a lot of money!  Dad was not going to buy it because
it was too much money to use on one picture, so Dad took a picture on
his phone and I said about the photo, “ It was not big, it wasn't heavy,
it was the best picture!” . At the top, it says lest we forget.



By Annabelle.

2 comments:

  1. Thinking of you all, I thought you'd like this poppy poem...

    In Flanders fields the poppies blow
    Between the crosses, row on row,
    That mark our place; and in the sky
    The larks, still bravely singing, fly
    Scarce heard amid the guns below.

    We are the Dead. Short days ago
    We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
    Loved and were loved, and now we lie
    In Flanders fields.

    Take up our quarrel with the foe:
    To you from failing hands we throw
    The torch; be yours to hold it high.
    If ye break faith with us who die
    We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
    In Flanders fields.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. It is the best picture. Your Dad was very clever to get such a good picture. We stood outside our house to remember and our neighbour played some music called the Last Post on his bugle . When he finished everyone said ' Lest we forget ' like in your picture.

    ReplyDelete

anat@saintpiusx.school.nz