Friday, April 15, 2011

The Athletic Sports Day

The Athletics Sports Day
Last Friday the whole school had athletics. We started with mass first and when we’d finished we went with our class to sit on the mat. Mrs Pole told the girls to go and changed into their sports clothes and we did. Then the boys needed to change and they did. Next we needed to get our drink bottles and go to our teams. I was in Kiwis and Angelica was our leader so we lined up in line’s Like 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12. The seniors sat at the back and the 5 year olds sat at the front.
First to run were the 5 year olds. They went to Mr Gaffney who set their race. He clapped his blocks and they ran. Soon after it was the 7 year old girls turn to run. I ran in that race and I came 5th in the heat. I was sad because I could not run the final. Next were the 8 year olds who needed to run and then 9 year olds. After them were the 10 year olds.
As the day went on everyone had a run. At the end I was very tired from all the fun I had and my legs were very sore.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great day Kalolaine. Athletics day is always fun at St Pius. I enjoyed reading your recount and found it really easy to read in the fact that you used a variety of sentence starters.

    Keep up the writing and I look forward to reading more of your posts.

    Miss G

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Work Kalo Keep The Good Work Up.

    !!!!!!!Fantastic Work Kalo!!!!!!

    Robbie

    ReplyDelete

anat@saintpiusx.school.nz